STMicroelectronics – STM32F429 features Chrom-ART Graphics Engine for TFT Drive
The STM32F429IDISCO can be ordered at Rutronik24.com as TOOL3611.
- STM32F429, ARM® Cortex®-M4
- Chrom-ART accelerator for direct TFT connection
- Free of charge STemWin Library
- Up to 180 MHz, High Performance
- On-board ST-LINK
- Popular Industry Standard
- No extra Graphics Controller necessary
- For low budget development
- Fast and efficient
- No need for external Debugger
- Small HMI
- Connectivity Gateways, CAN, USB, Ether
- Ethernet connected Applications
- Motor Control
STM32 offers a huge portfolio of microcontrollers with ARM® Cortex®–M inside. The STM32 platform covers almost every project.
The STM32F429/439 lines offer the performance of the Cortex-M4 core (with floating point unit) running at 180 MHz while reaching lower static power consumption (Stop mode) versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F429/439 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 260 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 µA typical, which is 3 times lower versus STM32F405/415/407/F417.
Graphics: The new LCD-TFT controller interface with dual-layer support takes advantage of Chrom‑ART Accelerator™. This graphics accelerator is performing content creation twice as fast as the core alone. As well as efficient 2-D raw data copy, additional functionalities are supported by the Chrom-ART Accelerator such as image format conversion or image blending (image mixing with some transparency). As a result, the Chrom-ART Accelerator boosts graphics content creation and saves processing bandwidth of the MCU core for the rest of the application.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full duplex I²S and a new serial audio interface (SAI) supporting time division multiplex (TDM) mode
- Up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO)
- Analog: two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode
Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 180 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible 90 MHz memory controller with 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories
- Analog true random number generator
- The STM32F439 integrates a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256, with support for GCM and CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-2)