Vishay – New VEMD6010X01 and VEMD6110X01 Silicon PIN Photodiodes
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) broadens its optoelectronics portfolio with the introduction of two new automotive-grade high-speed silicon PIN photodiodes in clear- and black-epoxy 1206 surface-mount packages measuring 4 mm by 2 mm by 1.05 mm. Offering a sensitive area of 0.85 mm2, the Vishay Semiconductors VEMD6010X01 and VEMD6110X01 provide a high reverse light current of 9.5 μA and a very low dark current of 1 nA for automotive and industrial applications.
- Compact 1206 surface-mount packages measuring 4 mm by 2 mm by 1.05 mm
- Sensitive area of 0.85 mm2
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- High reverse light current of 9.5 μA
- Low dark current of 1 nA
- Clear-epoxy package:
- Sensitivity range of 450 nm to 1100 nm
- 900 nm wavelength of peak sensitivity
- Black-epoxy package
- Sensitivity range of 750 nm to 1050 nm
- 950 nm wavelength of peak sensitivity
- Daylight blocking filter matched with 830 nm to 950 nm IR emitters
- Fast response times
- ± 60° angles of half intensity
- Wide temperature range of −40 °C to +110 °C
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay green
- Support lead (Pb)-free processing
- Provide a moisture sensitivity level (MSL) of 4, in accordance with J-STD-020 for a floor life of 72 hours.
The Key Specifications:
- Photo detection in light curtains, light barriers, metering systems, switches, and rain and sun sensors
With sensitive areas of 0.85 mm2, the Vishay Semiconductors VEMD6010X01 and VEMD6110X01 combine a high reverse light current of 9.5 μA — three times that of previously released devices — with a very low dark current of 1 nA for automotive and industrial applications. For the detection of visible and near infrared radiation, the VEMD6010X01 is a clear epoxy device with a wide sensitivity range of 450 nm to 1100 nm. For 750 nm to 1050 nm infrared applications, the VEMD6110X01 is a black epoxy device with a daylight blocking filter matched with 830 nm to 950 nm IR emitters.