STMicroelectronics – LIS2DW12 ultra-low-power Accelerometer
The LIS2DW12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer belonging to the “femto” family which leverages on the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers.
The LIS2DW12 has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz.
The LIS2DW12 has an integrated 32-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The LIS2DW12 has a dedicated internal engine to process motion and acceleration detection including free-fall, wakeup, highly configurable single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, portrait/landscape detection and 6D/4D orientation.
The LIS2DW12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
- Ultra-low power consumption: 50 nA in powerdown mode, below 1 μA in active low-power mode
- Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in lowpower mode
- Multiple operating modes with multiple bandwidths
- Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IO supply
- ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g full scale
- High-speed I2C/SPI digital output interface
- Single data conversion on demand
- 16-bit data output
- Embedded temperature sensor
- 32-level FIFO
- Motion detection for wearables
- Gesture recognition and gaming
- Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
- Display orientation
- Tap/double-tap recognition
- 6D/4D orientation
- Free-fall detection
- Smart power saving for handheld devices
- Impact recognition and logging