TDK – µPOL™ Embedded DC-DC Converters
The new μPOL™ product family represents a new type of DC-DC converters. This is designed to power modern microprocessors, microcontroller, ASIC, FPGA, DSP and advanced digital logic devices. The increasing demand for high performance, fast load transient and voltage accuracy in small footprint are driving factor for this new innovation. μPOL™ technology offers an integrated solution including Power Semiconductor and Inductor in a very compact solution and with its I2C communication the device is configurable for a vast range of applications. This is a wide input range , non-isolated Step Down Converter (Buck converter), the output voltage can be configured from 0.6V to 5V using serial communication (I2C) without a need of any external components. The Stability of converter is ensured internally, thus no need for external compensation. Lots of design efforts have been made in order to make this device easy to use, system designers need to only add input and output capacitors to have a complete DC-DC converter.
- μPOL Technology Includes Inductor, DC-DC regulator with FETs and Driver
- Plug & Play (No Compensation Required)
- I2C Serial Bus
- Scalable Output, same footprint (3A – 6A)
- Adjustable Vout ±5mV
- Output Voltage, ±0.5% Initial accuracy
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature
Technology & Performance Advantages
- Chip Embedded Power IC in Thermal Enhanced Packaging SESUB = Semiconductor Embedded in SUBstrate
- FS1406 6A Power Module Benchmarks:
- 1 Watt per cubic millimeter
- 15 Watts in 3.3mm x 3.3mm
System Level Product Advantages
- Small footprint, reduces system size and allows for tight PCB density
- Very high power density, improves performance in smaller size
- Reduced PCB size, cuts overall system cost
- Ease of design, speeds time to market
- Minimum external components: add caps! Done!
- Network Storage: Enterprice SSD / Storage Area Network
- Servers: Main Stream Server, Rack and Blade Server, Micro Server
- Netcoms and Telecoms: Ethernet Switch and Router, 5G small Cells and 5G Base Stations
- IoT Applications
Excellent for tight board space or high power density designs!
Available with 3A, 4A and 6A Output Current and different Output Voltages, always in the same small package.
Check out our ShopShop