STMicroelectronics – Innovative ESD protection and EMI filtering for sensitive audio ICs
EMI filter and ESD protection for audio interface
The 3.5 mm audio jack is a must-have interface to connect audio accessories. It is also the entry point for ESD that can destroy sensitive audio ICs. To ensure high-quality audio, EMI must also be filtered. The EMIF05-AUD02F3 provides premium ESD protection reducing IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 (+/- 8 kV) ESD strikes down to 15.3 V. Its EMI filter prevents noise issues by providing -20 dB attenuation from 15 MHz to 2.5 GHz. All housed in a compact WLCSP package it has a PCB footprint of only 1.83 mm² thanks to ST’s IPAD™ technology which integrates multiple passive devices in a single silicon die.
– EMI low-pass filter
– High efficiency in EMI/ESD protection
– High reliability offered by monolithic integration
– Very thin package
– High reduction of parasitic elements through integration and wafer level packaging
– Lead-free package
Where EMI filtering in ESD sensitive equipment is required:
– Mobile phones and communication systems
– Computers, printers and MCU boards.