Intersil – Dual 3A/Single 6A Step-Down DC/DC Power Module ISL8203M
The ISL8203M is an integrated step-down power module rated for dual 3A output current or 6A current sharing operation. Optimized for generating low output voltages down to 0.8V, the ISL8203M is ideal for any low power low-voltage applications. The supply voltage range is from 2.85V to 6V. The two channels are 180° out-of-phase for input RMS current and EMI reduction. Each channel is capable of 3A output current. They can be combined to form a single 6A output in current sharing mode. While in current sharing mode, the interleaving of the two channels reduces input and output voltage ripple.
The ISL8203M offers an independent power-good (PG) signal for each channel. When shut down, the ISL8203M discharges the output capacitor. Other features include internal digital soft-start, enable for power sequence, overcurrent protection and over-temperature protection. The ISL8203M integrates a PWM controller, synchronous switching MOSFETs, inductors and passive components to maximize efficiency and minimize external component count.
The ISL8203M is available in a thermally-enhanced, compact QFN package.
- Dual 3A and single 6A switching power supply
- High efficiency, up to 95%
- Input voltage range: 2.85V to 6V
- Output voltage range: 0.8V to 5V
- Internal digital soft-start: 1.5ms
- External synchronization up to 4MHz
- Compact size: 9.0mmx6.5mmx1.83mm
- Peak current limiting and hiccup mode short-circuit protection
- Overcurrent protection
- μC/μP, FPGA and DSP power
- Plug-in DC/DC modules for routers and switchers
- Test and measurement systems
- Barcode reader
- AN1941, “ISL8203MEVAL2Z Dual 3A/single 6A Evaluation
- Board Set-Up Procedure”