Diodes: 2x3W Stereo Class-D Audio Amplifier with Up/Down Volume Control
The PAM8407 supports 2.5V to 6V operation making it ideal for up to four cell alkaline battery applications. Features such as >87% efficiency and small PCB area make the PAM8407 Class-D amplifier ideal for portable applications.
Its filter-less architecture minimizes the number of external components used and reduces PCB area; providing a high performance, simple and cost effective system. It provides short circuit protection and thermal shutdown with built in auto recovery. The PAM8407 is available in SO-16 package.
The Diodes Advantage:
The PAM8407 provides a highly integrated solution for low power speakers.
- Integrated 32-step up/down volume control Minimizes external components and allows speaker volume control to save the BOM cost.
Fully differential input
- Low noise, high PSRR and good THD performance.
Extended operating voltage; up to 6V
- Operates from single Li-on cell and up to 4 cells alkaline battery
As low as 3Ω low speaker load driving capability
- Higher output power from low voltage rails
VDD over-voltage, UVLO and over temperature protection
- Full protection with auto re-start
SO-16 low pin count package
- Easy to mount and small PCB area
- PC Speaker
- Wireless Speaker
- Active Speakers
- Docking Stations