Vishay – New VS-1EFH01WHM3, VS-1EFH01W-M3, VS-1EFH02W-M3, and VS-1EFH02WHM3 FRED Pt® Ultrafast Recovery Rectifiers
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) introduces four new 1 A FRED Pt Ultrafast recovery rectifiers in the compact, low-profile SMF (DO-219AB) eSMP® series package. Combining extremely fast and soft recovery characteristics with low leakage current and low forward voltage drop, the AEC-Q101-qualified VS-1EFH01WHM3, VS-1EFH01W-M3, VS-1EFH02W-M3, and VS-1EFH02WHM3 reduce switching losses and over-dissipation in automotive and telecom applications.
- Compact SMF (DO-219AB) package with low <1 mm profile
- Fast reverse recovery times of 25 ns
- Low leakage current
- Low typical forward voltage drop of 0.73 V at 1 A and +125 °C
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Planar structure and platinum doped lifetime control
- High operating junction temperature to +175 °C
- MSL moisture level of 1 per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of +260 °C
- Meet the JESD 201 class 2 whisker test
- RoHS compliant and halogen free
- Ideal for automated placement
- Allow for automated optical inspection (AOI) in automotive systems
The Key Specifications:
DC/DC converters in automotive engine control units (ECU), ABS, and LED lighting, in addition to telecom DC/DC bricks.
With their fast and soft recovery characteristics, low leakage current, and low forward voltage drop, the VS-1EFH01WHM3, VS-1EFH01W-M3, VS-1EFH02W-M3, and VS-1EFH02WHM3 FRED Pt Ultrafast recovery rectifiers reduce switching losses and over-dissipation in automotive and telecom applications. With compact footprints and low profiles of < 1 mm, the devices’ SMF package saves significant PCB space compared to standard SMA, SMB, and SMC packages, while increasing power density to lower overall costs. The rectifiers feature a planar structure and platinum doped lifetime control to guarantee high overall performance, ruggedness, and reliability characteristics, while their operating junction temperature to +175 °C provides a more robust design.
Samples and production quantities of the new FRED Pt rectifiers are available now, with lead times of eight weeks for larger orders.