Vishay: SiJ470DP 100 V N-Channel MOSFET With Industry-Low RDS(ON) in PowerPAK SO-8L Package
Built on ThunderFET® technology, the device offers on-resistance of 9.1 mΩ at 10 V and on-resistance times gate charge – a key figure of merit (FOM) for MOSFETs in DC / DC converter applications – of 280 mΩ-nC. These values are the industry’s lowest for 100 V devices in the PowerPAK SO-8L and equivalent packaging from competitors.
- Compared to the next closest device in competitor’s package: o 24 % lower on-resistance for reduced conduction losses o 42 % lower gate charge for reduced switching losses
- 56% lower on-resistance times gate charge FOM
- Gullwing leads enhance ruggedness under thermal stress
- Exposed drain pad with excellent thermal transfer
- Excellent for designs using Al core PCBsKey
- Primary-side switching
- Synchronous rectification
- Solar inverters
- 3-phase DC/AC inverter / motor drive control
The Vishay Siliconix SiJ470DP n-channel MOSFET increases power density for DC/DC and motor drive designs. The device’s advanced silicon reduces power losses, while its thermally enhanced packaging improves heat transfer. The PowerPAK SO-8L’s unique gullwing leads not only supply relief to thermal stress under temperature cycling, but also increase the soldering contact area.
With the potential to reduce design size and power losses, the SiJ470DP is an energy-efficient solution for various power supplies, motor drives, or designs using Al core PCBs.