ZMDI and Murata Power Solutions have combined efforts to offer a variety of application-ready smart POL solutions with high power density for servers, storage units and FPGA designs
ZMDI’s ZSPM1025 single-phase digital PWM controller family ICs for non-isolated DC/DC supplies, combined with Murata Power Solution’s single-phase 25A surface-mount power block, provide a quick route to proven, high-performance smart digital power solutions. ZMDI’s easy-to-use software enables the user to fully customize these solutions for optional digital communications via PMBus™, output voltage range and output load. The digital control loop and compensators are preconfigured in the new ZSPM1025 family devices. A downloadable complete construction kit is available, including a graphical user interface, layout guidelines and step-by-step instructions. It is ready to be immediately implemented in the application design.
Three smart digital power solutions with output currents up to 25A are now available. ZMDI plans to extend this family of single–phase, true-digital POL controllers for Murata Power Solution’s single-phase surface-mount power blocks with higher output current capabilities in the course of 2014.
The ZSPM1025 solutions that are available now and customized for the OKLP-X/25-W12 Murata Power Block include the following:
- ZSPM1025A featuring a PMBus™ programmable output voltage of 0.35V to 3.6V; four predefined, user-selectable output capacitance ranges; and configurable protection, sequencing and monitoring.
- ZSPM1025C featuring a pin-strap selectable output voltage of 0.6V to 1.2V and four predefined pin-strap selectable output capacitance ranges.
- ZSPM1025D featuring a pin-strap selectable output voltage of 1.2V to 3.4V and four predefined pin-strap selectable output capacitance ranges.
“In combination with the highly reliable Murata Power Block technology, we are offering ready and tested POL solutions, which can be easily ‘pasted’ into any design,” said Andrew Smith, Product Line Manager at ZMDI. “With our product’s simplicity of use and the solution readiness, you do not need highly-specialized knowledge to design power compensators.”
Benefits of the ZSPM1025 combined with the 25A Murata Power Block:
- Ready, tested and fully preconfigured 25A point-of-load solution
- Downloadable full construction kit including step-by-step instructions and software configuration wizard
- Fast configuration of output voltage and monitoring via ZMDI’s Pink Power Designer™ GUI or configuration via pin-strapping options for ultra-fast time-to-market
- Support for four different output capacitor ranges without additional design work
- FPGA designer-friendly solution
- Point-of-load solutions with higher output current options available soon
The ZSPM1025A, ZSPM1025C, and ZSPM1025D are in full production. Parts and ZSPM8025, ZSPM8725, and ZSPM8825 Evaluation Kits are available. About Murata Murata is a leading manufacturer of electronic components, modules and devices. The complete range of this technology house includes ceramic capacitors, resistors/thermistors, inductors/chokes, ceramic resonators, buzzers, sensors and EMI suppression filters. While the company gets the majority of its revenue from its ceramic capacitor products, it is also the world leader in Bluetooth® & WiFi™ modules and the world’s number-one manufacturer of board-mount DC-DC converters, and it is a key manufacturer of standard and custom AC-DC power supplies. Murata also designs and manufactures mobile handset antenna families, piezoelectric actuators for fuel injection systems and short focal length ceramic lenses.
Established in 1944, Murata is headquartered in Japan and has European offices in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Finland and Hungary. For more information on Murata, please visit www.murata.eu. About ZMDI Zentrum Mikroelektronik Dresden AG (ZMDI) is a global supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, mobile sensing, information technology and consumer applications. These solutions enable ZMDI’s customers to create the most energy-efficient products in sensing, power management and lighting.
For over 50 years, ZMDI has been globally headquartered in Dresden, Germany. With over 320 employees worldwide, ZMDI serves its customers with sales offices and design centers throughout Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the United States.