Diodes – Triac Dimmable Offline LED Driver for Cost Effective Triac Dimmable Lamps
It uses Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) technology to regulate the LED current while achieving high power factor and low THD.
The AP1694 operates as a BCM controller which improves efficiency and EMI.
The AP1694 provides accurate constant current (CC) regulation while removing the opto-coupler and secondary control circuitry. It also eliminates the need of loop compensation circuitry while maintaining stability. It meets the requirement of IEC6100-3-2 harmonic standard.
The Diodes advantage:
- The AP1694 provides a simple cost effective solution for general illumination LED lamps
- Good triac dimming performance and Deep dimming down to 1% Wide Range of Dimmer Compatibility
- Single stage triac dimming solution with few external components Low BOM solution cost enabling lower cost LED lamps
- Primary Side Control for Output Current Regulation without Opto-coupler Flexible solution: isolated solution (Flyback) and Non-isolated solution (Buck-boost & Buck)
- Boundary Conduction Mode (BCM) Operation Delivers high efficiency solutions with small EMI components.
- Single stage High power factor and low THD Low BOM solution cost meeting future PF needs.