Intersil – ISL80510/05 – High PSSR 1A/0.5A 6V LDO
Best-in-Class Dropout and Transient Performance for Sensitive Loads
ISL80510 and ISL80505 single-output LDO voltage regulators deliver 1A and 0.5A of continuous output current with best-in-class dropout and transient response, and programmable soft-start features.
- ±1.8% VOUT accuracy guaranteed over line, load and TJ = -40°C to +125°C
- Very low 45mV dropout voltage at VOUT = 2.5V
- Stable with a 4.7µF output ceramic capacitor
- Very fast transient response
- Programmable output soft-start time
- Excellent PSRR over wide frequency range
- Current limit protection
- Thermal shutdown function
- Available in an 8 Ld DFN package
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
The ISL80505 is a single output Low Dropout voltage regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing up to 500mA output current. This LDO operates from input voltages of 1.8V to 6V. The output voltage of ISL80505 can be programmed from 0.8V to 5.5V.
A submicron BiCMOS process is utilized for this product family to deliver the best in class analog performance and overall value. This CMOS LDO consumes significantly lower quiescent current as a function of load compared to bipolar LDOs, which translates into higher efficiency and packages with smaller footprints.
State-of-the-art internal compensation achieves a very fast load transient response and excellent PSRR. The ISL80505 provides an output accuracy of ±1.8% VOUT accuracy over all load, line and temperature variation (TJ = -40°C to +125°C). An external capacitor on the soft-start pin provides an adjustable soft starting of the output voltage ramp to control the inrush current. The ENABLE feature allows the part to be placed into a low quiescent current shutdown mode.
- Noise sensitive instrumentation systems
- Post regulation of switched mode power supplies
- Industrial systems
- Medical equipment
- Telecommunications and networking equipment
- Hard disk drives (HD/HDD)
Key Differences Between Family Of Parts
|Part Number||Max Output Current||Datasheet|