ST – LD57100 – 1A Ultra low dropout LDO with Bias
The LD57100 is a high accuracy voltage regulator, which provides 1 A of current. It is equipped with an NMOS pass transistor, whose gate is biased by a dedicated pin, thus allowing the ultra-low drop performance even at very low input voltages.
It is available in Flip Chip6 (0.8×1.2 mm), maximizing the space saving. This device is stabilized with a small ceramic capacitor on the output. The ultra low drop, low quiescent current and short-circuit protection make the LD57100 suitable for low power battery-operated applications.
An enable logic control function puts the LD57100 in shutdown mode allowing a total current consumption lower than 0.1 µA. Thermal protection is also included.
- Input voltage from VOUT to 5.5 V
- Input bias supply pin from 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Ultra low-dropout voltage (40 mV typ. at 1 A load)
- Low ground current (35 μA typ. at no load)
- Output voltage tolerance: ±1% all over temperature range, ±0.5% at 25 °C
- 1 A guaranteed output current
- 50 mV output voltage step available from 0.4 V to 1.8 V
- 100 mV output voltage step available from 1.9 V to 3.6 V
- Adjustable version from 0.5 V to 3.0 V
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown
- Internal current limit
- Thermal shutdown
- Output active discharge function
- Available in Flip Chip6 (0.8×1.2 mm) package
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- Low voltage, low noise post regulation