Littelfuse – New 777 Series: Compact Fuse Allows Faster, Safer, Higher-Wattage Charging of Today’s Smartphones and Tablets
Although chargers for earlier generations of mobile phones had relatively low wattage (typically about 5W), today’s highly compact chargers must often be able to handle 10-15W of power, which requires withstanding higher levels of current.The axial lead 3.6mm x 9mm 777 Series fuse from Littelfuse is designed for overcurrent protection in electronic appliance charger applications. The robust design enables the device to withstand up to 24 hits of 7.5kV ringwave surge; it will open safely on a direct short condition without producing body ruptures and soot phenomenon.
The enhanced electrical characteristics of the 777 Series make it ideal for use in wall-mounted chargers for smartphones and tablets. This series provides protection from catastrophic failures and safety hazards when experiencing direct shorting on an AC plug.
- Enhanced interrupting rating
- Higher surge withstand capability
- Compact 3.6mm x 9mm footprint saves board space
- Epoxy coating
- Produces no soot, sparks, sounds or explosion when the fuse opens
- Prevents nuisance tripping of the fuse caused by transient surges
- Suitable for compact charger design applications
- Provides insulation on vertically mounted fuse body
- Smartphone and tablet wall-mount charger
- Power supply for consumer electronics