JAE – Smallest-In-Class Terminal Interval Pitch and Mating Height WP21 Series 0.35mm Pitch Board-to-Board Connector
Compact hand-held devices like smartphones have continued to get slimmer and smaller in size but the number of components used is increasing and the size of the batteries are growing.
Accordingly, there are a lot of demands for the connectors used inside to be smaller and slimmer and also to have higher reliability against drop impact and shock, which is usually difficult to achieve at the same time.
To meet these requirements JAE has developed the WP21 Series stacking type board-to-board connector realizing the industry’s smallest-in-class terminal interval pitch of 0.35mm and mating height of 0.6mm.
Compared to our previous product (WP9 Series), the WP21 Series can allow for design flexibility for customers with more than 10% reduced mounting space.
WP21 Series is both drop impact and vibration resistant using a 2-point contact structure with proven results and it also improves workability for customers by providing a click feeling to their fingertips when mated.
- 0.35 mm pitch, 2 rows, 0.6mm stacking height, 1.95mm width.
- 2-point contact design to resist twisting stress and enhance retention strength.
- Improved workability for customers with a clear click feeling.
- Contact structure ensures high wear-resistance and high contact reliability.
- Pb-free. (Nickel barrier finish on contact prevents solder migration.)
- Mobile Phones
- Tablet PC
- Notebook PC
- Compact LCD Displays
- Digital still Cameras
- Digital Video Cameras
- Other compact hand-held Devices
- No. of Contacts: 10, 20, 22, 34, 42, 46, 54
- Pitch: 0.35 mm, 2 rows
- Operating Temperature: -40 Deg. C + 85 Deg. C
- Contact Resistance: 70m ohms max. (initial)
- Life Time: 30 mating cycles
- Rated Current: AC, DC each 0.3A per terminal
- Rated Voltage: AC, DC 50V
- Insulation Resistance: 100M ohms min. (initial)
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: AC250Vr.m.s for 1 minute
- Total Insertion Force: 1.5N x n max. (n: Number of contacts)
- Total Extraction Force: 0.15N x n min. (n: Number of contacts)
- Contact: (Contact Area) Copper alloy / Au plating (0.1μm min.) (Mounting Area) Copper alloy / Au plating (0.05μm min.)
- Insulator: Heat-resistant plastic
- Hold-down: Plug: Copper alloy / Au plating (0.05μm min.) Receptacle: Copper alloy / Sn plating