Infineon’s new automotive MOSFETs in Half-Bridge Configuration
Half-Bridge in a Package
Infineon’s new automotive 40 V n-channel dual MOSFETs IAUCxxxH are already connected in half-bridge configuration inside the package (Image 1). The package is the new SSO8 with size 5 mm x 6 mm.
Features & benefits of the new MOSFETs / package
- 5 x 6 mm2 reduced footprint & optimized layout for applications with multiple half-bridges like DC or BLDC motorcontrol
- Enhanced routing for bridge applications results in sizably reduced PCB area
- Internally copper clip soldered for low RDSon and Rthja
- Portfolio of 6 products, from 3 mΩ to 7 mΩ
- Available in logic or normal gate drive level
- Infineon technology OptiMOS™-6
Some of Infineon’s reference designs demonstrate how compact an integrated BLDC motor control design can be. Image 2 shows the REF_WATERPUMP100W. This reference design combines Infineon’s TLE9879 embedded Power IC with three half-bridge MOSFETs IAUC60N04S6N031H in a 100 W BLDC pump drive. Other good companions for the new half-bridge MOSFETs are Infineon’s Motor System ICs TLE956x.
Half-bridge MOSFET Portfolio
|Product name||Voltage in V||RDSon(max) in mΩ||IDmax in A|
Typical applications for IAUCxxxH are power seat, window lift, wiper, HVAC, electric parking brake, water pump, fuel pump, oil pump.
Last update: 14.09.2021