CG4 Series – Two-terminal SMT High Voltage Gas Plasma Arresters
New option for high voltage applications that require medium surge capability
The CG4 Series GDT is the first high voltage, surface-mount gas discharge tube (GDT) from Littelfuse with two squared terminals that is capable of withstanding surge currents of 3kA@8/20μs in a small form factor. CG4 Series Two-Terminal High Voltage Miniature Gas Discharge Tubes are high voltage (800V – 3000V) devices designed for over-voltage protection for high isolation applications.
Applications for the CG4 Series GDT include appliances and white goods, such as air conditioning units; industrial systems like high voltage power supplies, variable frequency drivers, and high voltage test equipment; medical electronics, such as NMR medical equipment and X-ray machines; and consumer electronics like set-top boxes.
- High DC breakdown voltage: 800V to 3000 V
- Surface mount form factor with two squared terminals
- Medium surge capability: 3kA (8/20 µs)
- Provides high voltage isolation, suitable for applications where hi-pot testing is required
- Aligns with the trend toward SMT in compact, space-limited applications; square terminals help improve manufacturing efficiency during PCB assembly process
- Enables greater design flexibility by offering a new GDT option for applications with surge protection requirements up to 3kA