New “E” Option for IR Receivers and Sensors in Surface-Mount Belobog Package Offers Extended Storage Temperature Range, Operating Temperature Range, and Floor Life
Vishay Intertechnology broadens its optoelectronics portfolio with the introduction of a new “E” option for its popular TSOP37xxx, TSOP57xxx, and TSSP57xxx series of infrared (IR) receivers and sensors in the surface-mount Belobog package. Devices with the “E” option feature an extended storage temperature range of -40°C to +110°C, extended operating temperature range of -30 °C to +85 °C, and extended floor life of 168 hours per MSL 3.
- Provide a more robust package design for increased reliability in outdoor applications that are exposed to wide daily temperature variations and extremes
- Lensless devices provide on-axis sensitivity equal to any surface-mount IR receiver on the market
- At an off-axis angle of 45°, the devices retain 85 % of their on-axis sensitivity — much higher than receivers with a lens
- Simplify designs by offering a photo detector and preamplifier circuit in a single epoxy package
- TSOP37xxxE and TSOP57xxxE series receivers suppress spurious pulses from energy-saving fluorescent lamps and other continuously transmitted optical noise signals
- TSSP57xxxE devices are optimized for sensor and proximity sensing applications
- Storage temperature range of -40°C to +110°C
- Operating temperature range of -30 °C to +85 °C
- Floor life of 168 hours per MSL 3
- Ultra-low 0.8 mm profile
- Extremely wide 150 angle of sensitivity
- Supply voltage from 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Very low supply current down to 0.35 mA at 3.3 V
- Improved immunity against ambient light
- Insensitive to supply voltage and ripple noise
- TSOP37xxxE and TSOP57xxxE series receivers are offered in
four automatic gain control (AGC) versions for short and long burst codes
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green
- Outdoor remote control, sensor, and proximity sensing applications such as parking space sensors, light barrier systems, and in-car entertainment systems
- Any application where the IR receiver will be exposed to wide daily temperature variations or need to operate in hot or cold temperature extremes
While the standard storage and operating temperature range for Vishay’s standard IR receivers is –
25 °C to +85 °C, devices with the “E” option feature an extended storage temperature range of -40°C
to +110°C and extended operating temperature range of -30 °C to +85 °C. All products in the
Belobog series feature floor life of 168 hours per MSL 3.
The standard versions of the TSOP37xxx, TSOP57xxx, and TSSP57xxx IR receivers are designed
for remote control applications such as digital still cameras, consumer televisions, and set-top boxes.
With the extended storage and operating temperature ranges, the TSOP37xxxE, TSOP57xxxE, and
TSSP57xxxE receivers provide a more robust package design for increased reliability in outdoor
applications — including parking space sensors, light barrier systems, and in-car entertainment
systems — that are exposed to wide daily temperature variations, and temperature extremes in
northern and southern geographical locations.
The Key Specifications:
The following devices are available with the “E” option, details about which are available at
Samples and production quantities of the TSOP37xxxE, TSOP57xxxE, and TSSP57xxxE are
available now, with lead times of four weeks.