AVX – New Single Pogo-Pin Contact Family
Individual miniature Pogo-Pin contacts are now available from AVX in five standard heights ranging from 2.0mm up to 5.0mm.These Pogo-Pin contacts provide high cycle life in industrial and medical applications where reliability and robustness is critical.
Pogo-Pin contacts provide 10,000 mating cycles and are ideal for base/docking stations for portable electronic devices to recharge batteries or provide signal level data transfer/collection. Specific applications include; potable scanners, barcode readers, disposable medical devices, handheld devices for inventory/warehouse management, mobile radio cradles or high end military device interface. Pogo-Pins are designed to mate with gold plated PCB pads or flat contacts captured in the plastic housing of the removable or handheld unit.
Contacts are provided in standard T&R packaging with disposable caps that facilitate vacuum pick-up and are discarded after SMT reflow. This broad range of contact heights provides maximum design flexibility in pin count, placement location and stacking height range. AVX can also connectorize these contacts based on specific customer applications.
Some Key Features/Benefits Include:
- Tape and reel packaged
- High force stainless steel springs provide 10k durability
- Tape and reel packaged for single contact automated placement and SMT reflow
- Meets -40C to +125C operating range for harsh environments
Applications/ Advantages & Selling Points:
- Five standard height options provides customers with off-the shelf solutions
- Contacts are designed with high mating forces and maximized mating tolerance range
- AVX can customize applications by incorporating these standard contact into a specific connector