Vishay – New T55 vPolyTan™ Surface-Mount Polymer Tantalum Molded Chip Capacitors Offer Ultra-Low ESR in Compact and Low-Profile Cases
Vishay Intertechnology announces a new vPolyTan™ series of surface-mount polymer tantalum molded chip capacitors in five compact case sizes. Optimized for computer, telecom, and industrial applications, Vishay Polytech T55 series devices feature ultra-low ESR down to 30 mΩ at +25 °C and 100 kHz.
- Feature polymer cathodes, which offer enhanced performance over manganese dioxide devices
- Excellent ripple current capacity
- Reduced derating requirements as compared to standard tantalum capacitors
Provide low internal resistance for enhanced charge / discharge characteristics.
The exceptionally low ESR of Vishay Polytech T55 series capacitors is a result of their polymer cathodes, which offer enhanced performance over manganese dioxide devices. In addition, the polymer tantalum devices offer excellent ripple current filtering and provide low internal resistance for enhanced charge / discharge characteristics in power management, battery decoupling, and energy storage applications.
Key Device Specifications
- ESR: 30 mΩ to 500 mΩ
- Case sizes: J, P, A, B, and T (low-profile B) case sizes
- Capacitance range: 3.3 μF to 330 μF
- Voltage range: 2.5 V to 10 V
- Capacitance tolerance: ± 20 %
- Maximum ripple current: 0.32 A to 1.78 A
- Operating temperature range: -55 °C to +85 °C, to +105 °C with voltage derating
- Available in five compact case sizes
- Ultra-low ESR down to 30 mΩ at +25 °C and 100 kHz
- Wide capacitance range from 3.3 μF to 330 μF over voltage ratings from 2.5 V to 10 V
- Capacitance tolerance of ± 20 %
- Lead (Pb)-free terminations
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay green
- Compatible with high-volume automatic pick-and-place equipment
- Power management, battery decoupling, and energy storage in computers, tablets, smart phones, and wireless cards