Vishay: New EDGU Universal Edgewound Power Resistor
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. introduces a new universal edgewound power resistor. Providing a convenient drop-in replacement for competing solutions, the universal-mounted EDGU combines a high-reliability design with continuous duty operation up to 85 A and a short-time overload of 10x rated power for five seconds.
- Features a resistance-alloy ribbon wire that is coiled on edge and supported on specially designed porcelain insulators
- Open coil construction allows for efficient heat dissipation and easily accommodates overloads and surges
- Insulators provide proper turn-to-turn spacing and insulation from support bars
- Terminals are welded to the resistive wire for a reliable electric connection
- Can be mounted on Vishay Milwaukee frames or in NEMA 1, 2, or 3R enclosures
- Current ratings up to 85 A
- Power ratings to 1600 W
- Short-time overload of 10x rated power for five seconds
- Wide resistance range from 0.053 Ω to 5.44 Ω, with tolerance of ± 10 %
- High-reliability design
- RoHS compliant
- Pre-charge, discharge, dynamic braking, load testing, and heater applications in locomotives, wind turbines, and harmonic filters
- Samples and production quantities of the EDGU are available now, with lead times of four weeks for larger orders.