Vishay – 8-Channel Precision Multiplexer With Low 3.2 Ω On-Resistance and 17 μA Power Consumption
- Features eight single-ended channels
- Low on-resistance of 3.2 Ω typical
- Low power consumption of 17 μA
- Fully specified at ± 15 V, +12 V, and ± 5 V
- Low source OFF capacitance of 23 pF and drain ON capacitance of 121 pF
- Low charge injection of 120 pC typical
- Operates from a single 4.5 V to 24 V power supply, or from dual ± 4.5 V to ± 15 V power supplies
- Up to 250 mA continuous current
- Fast switching times
- Break-before-make operation
- Enable function
- No VL logic supply required
- 0.8 V and 2 V logic thresholds ensure low-voltage TTL/CMOS compatibility
- Typical on-resistance flatness of 0.5 Ω
- Supports analog signals up to the supply voltage when on, and blocks them when off
- Available in the QFN16 4 mm by 4 mm package
- RoHS compliant
- Halogen free
- Signal switching and relay replacement in data acquisition
- medical and healthcare equipment
- industrial control and automation
- sample and hold circuits
- test and measurement equipment and communication
- battery powered and A/V systems
The Key Specifications:
- Analog signal range: ± 15 V
- 35 V max. supply rating
- On-resistance: 3.2 Ω
- On-resistance flatness: 0.5 Ω
- Channel-to-channel on-resistance matching: 0.2 Ω
- Power consumption (@ 5 V): 17 μA
- Power supply:
- Single: 4.5 V to 24 V
- Dual: ± 4.5 V to ± 15 V
- CS(OFF): 23 pF
- CD(ON): 121 pF
- Charge injection: 120 pC
- Temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
Compared to previous generation and competing analog switches with similar on-resistance in the same footprint, the DG1408 offers 25 % lower on-resistance, 10 % lower drain parasitic capacitance, and up to 30 % lower charge injection. In addition, the device’s new CMOS platform ensures low and flat resistance over the full signal range, providing excellent linearity and low signal distortion.
- The DG1408 enhances the design of accurate gain amplifiers with improved circuit bandwidth and lower sensitivity to leakage.
- Improving linearity and enhancing signal fidelity, the low and flat on-resistance minimizes insertion loss and errors caused by changes in the input signal. In addition, low on-resistance makes the DG1408 the preferred solution over mechanical relays, eliminating mechanical bounce and reducing the overall solution size.
- New CMOS technology enables low parasitic capacitance of 121 pF even though the switch on-resistance is low. In addition, it improves power consumption dramatically to 17 μA over
- the full range. The nearest competing device offers 220 μA.
- The low drain ON capacitance helps create a stable amplifier circuit. Drain ON capacitance causes phase shift to the amplifier close loop response, and when it is too large, the amplifier circuit
- may become unstable and oscillate. Low drain capacitance, together with low on-resistance, also improves data acquisition rate and accuracy.
- The DG1408’s fast switching time is ideal for circuits requiring low time constants.
- The DG1408 integrates special design logic circuits that achieve low-voltage logic control over the full operating voltage range. The device doesn’t require an extra power rail for logic circuits, and can interface with 1.8 V logic control directly without level shift circuitry or drivers.