Intersil – ISL26102/4: Leading Edge, Low-Noise 24-Bit ADC
The on-chip low-noise programmable-gain amplifier provides gains ranging from 1 to 128, which supports ±19.5mVFS from a 5V reference. The high input impedance allows direct connection of sensors such as load cell bridges to ensure the specified measurement accuracy without additional circuitry.
The Delta-Sigma ADC features a 3rd-order modulator providing up to 21.5 bit noise-free performance (10Sps), with user-selectable word rates. The converter can be operated from an external clock source, an external crystal (typically 4.9152MHz), or the on-chip oscillator.
The ISL26102 and ISL26104 offer a simple-to-use serial interface. The ISL26102 and ISL26104 are available in a Thin Shrink Small Outline Package (TSSOP).
The devices are specified for operation over the automotive temperature range (-40°C to +105°C).
- Programmable gain amplifier with gains of 1 to 128
- Low noise: 7nV/√Hz @ PGA = 128
- Linearity error: 0.0002% FS
- Output word rates up to 4kSps
- Low-side switch for load cell power management
- +5V analog and +2.7V to +5V digital supplies
- ISL26102 in 24 Ld TSSOP
- ISL26104 in 28 Ld TSSOP
- ESD 7.5kV – HBM
- Weigh Scales
- Temperature Monitor and Controls
- Load Safety Systems
- Diagnostic ECG
- Pressure Sensors