STMicroelectronics – M24SR Series: The simplest and most cost effective way to equip your application with NFC
This enables NFC use cases such as simple Bluetooth pairing and other connection handovers, automatic links to URLs, storage of Vcard and other types of information. It can be used in a wide variety of applications, including consumer electronics, computer peripherals, home appliances, industrial automation and healthcare products. ST simplifies your NFC design process with ready-to-use evaluation boards and reference designs.
In addition, the new RF antenna design module in ST’s eDesignSuite makes designing your own antenna for ST’s dynamic NFC/RFID tags very easy: simply enter the target footprint of your M24SR or M24LR antenna and get started. Last but not least ST provides an Android App and supports customers directly with an e2e community.
Features of the M24SR series:
- NFC forum tag type 4 based on ISO 14443 RF interface
- 1 MHz I²C serial interface operating from 2.7 to 5.5 V
- EEPROM memory density from 2 Kbits to 64 Kbits with built-in NDEF message support
- RF disable pin allowing the application to control RF access from NFC phones
- 128-bit password protection
- General-purpose output pin allowing flexibility for the applications (wake up on several types of events)
- Simple antenna design, backward compatible with M24LR series.
M24SR Evaluation boards:
M24SR Reference antennas:
M24SR Antenna Design Suite:
M24SR Andoid App:
M24SR e2e community: