STM – 2000 W motor control power board based on STGIB20M60TS-L SLLIMM? 2nd series IPM
The STEVAL-IPM20B is a compact motor drive power board equipped with the SLLIMM (small low-loss intelligent molded module) 2nd series module STGIB20M60TS-L. It provides an affordable, easy-to-use solution for driving high power motors for a wide range of applications such as white goods, air conditioners, compressors, power fans, high-end power tools, and generally 3-phase inverters for motor drives.
The IPM itself consists of short-circuit rugged IGBTs and a wide range of features including undervoltage lockout, smart shutdown, temperature sensing and NTC inside, and overcurrent protection.
The main characteristics of this evaluation board are its small size, minimal BOM and high efficiency. It consists of an interface circuit (BUS and VCC connectors), bootstrap capacitors, snubber capacitor, hardware short-circuit protection, fault event signal and temperature monitoring. It is designed to work in single or three-shunt configuration and with two current sensing options: three dedicated op-amps on the evaluation board, or op-amps available on a connected microcontroller. A Hall/Encoder section completes the circuit.
The system is designed to achieve accurate and fast conditioning of current feedback to satisfy the typical requirements for field-oriented control (FOC).
The STEVAL-IPM20B is compatible with ST control boards based on STM32 microcontrollers, providing a complete platform for motor control.
- Input voltage: 125 – 400 VDC
- Nominal power: up to 2000 W
- Allowable maximum power is related to the application conditions and cooling system
- Nominal current: up to 12 Arms
- Input auxiliary voltage: up to 20 V DC
- Single- or three-shunt resistors for current sensing (with sensing network)
- Two options for current sensing: dedicated op-amps or through MCU
- Overcurrent hardware protection
- IPM temperature monitoring and protection
- Hall sensor or encoder input
- IGBT intelligent power module:
- SLLIMM™ 2nd series IPM (STGIB20M60TS-L – DBC package)
- Motor control connector (32-pin) to interface with ST MCU boards
- Universal conception for further evaluation with breadboard and testing pins
- Very compact size
- WEEE compliant
- RoHS compliant
2000 W motor control power board based on STGIB20M60TS-L SLLIMM™ 2nd series IPM
Product overview incl. data sheet link:
|Rutronik Part Number||ST Part Number||Package|