Smart Remote Control
The nRFready Smart Remote 2 is a remote control reference design based on the nRF51822 System-on-Chip (SoC) providing a high performance, ultra-low power, and cost efficient RF remote control design. The nRF51822 SoC supports both Bluetooth® Smart and 2.4 GHz Gazell protocols, enabling all protocol and application firmware to run in a single chip.
This reference design is the ideal platform for developing advanced remote controls for internet-enabled TVs and set-top boxes as well as wireless multi-touch trackpads for computers. It includes a remote control baseboard with a multi-touch trackpad, QWERTY keyboard, low power accelerometer, 6-axis motion sensor, and an nRF51822 radio module. The firmware supports full non-concurrent multiprotocol functionality for products that support both Bluetooth low energy and 2.4 GHz Gazell.
nRF51822 incorporates the industry-proven ARM® Cortex™ M architecture, and together with innovative peripheral features, ensures excellent power performance. Our Smart Remote 2 features a multi-touch enabled trackpad from Synaptics that supports both point and click and multi-touch gestures, bringing a high degree of versatility to your design. 6-axis motion sensing is available through an integrated solution from InvenSense® that combines a 3-axis gyro and a 3-axis accelerometer together with an advanced motion-sensing processor to support ‘free-space’ remote control designs. The ultra-low power accelerometer from ST Microelectronics detects orientation meaning the trackpad can be used both horizontally and vertically. The accelerometer also detects inactivity initiating intelligent power saving, significantly reducing power consumption. An nRF6925 upgrade kit is available that is compatible with all previous versions of nRFready Smart Remote (nRF6920, nRF6921).
- Complete hardware and software reference design for a Bluetooth Smart and 2.4GHz Gazell remote control solution
- Powered by Nordic nRF51822 Bluetooth Smart multi-protocol SoC
- Protocol and application firmware supported in one IC
- Inter-changeable connectivity module
- Based on popular ARM Cortex-M0 architecture
- 6-axis motion sensing ‘free-space’ navigation
- Ultra-low power accelerometer
- Includes full source code and hardware design files
- IR LED for legacy equipment support