Telit –New Galileo-ready positioning module feature embedded antenna
Telit Jupiter SE868-A
Telit Wireless Solutions has launched a new positioning module with embedded smart antenna as part of its ongoing initiative to make adoption of IoT technology as simple as possible.
The Jupiter SE868-A is the representative of a new multiconstellation GNSS module family with embedded highperforming SMT antenna. The SE868-A is packaged in a 11 x 11 mm “cavity like” PCB solution with embedded Flash mem ory and integrated LNA on one side with an SMT antenna on the opposite side. This sophisticated solution provides customers with a completely integrated solution with optimized RF path and standard SMT mounting operation without any constraint in terms of host PCB. The SE868-A, unlike most competitive solutions, does not require any area of guard in the host PCB around the RF PIN zone. This solution minimize the RF detuning after soldering on the host PCB. The SE868-A is designed to fully support GPS, QZSS and GLONASS and it is Galileo ready. The SE868-A is capable to track GPS + GLONASS (and eventually Galileo) constellations simultaneously, pro viding the positioning data though standard UART. The Jupiter SE868-A supports ephemeris file injection (A-GPS) as well as Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) to increase position accuracy. Its onboard software engine is able to locally predict ephemeris up to three days in advance starting from ephemeris data broadcast by GNSS satellites received by the module and stored in the internal Flash memory. The Jupiter SE868-A features the best GNSS integrated antenna solution in the market with best-in-class sensitivity and current consumption.
- Multi-constellation GNSS module with integrated high performing 9 x 9 mm SMT antenna
- Compliant with GPS and GLONASS standards
- SMT mounting not requiring holes on host PCB
- Ready for Galileo
- Low power processing core delivers current optimized multi-constellation tracking
- Ultra-sensitive -165 dBm (tracking) RF front-end
- Embedded LNA allows use of passive antennas
- Supports ephemeris file injection (A-GPS)
- Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) compliant
- MediaTek MT3333 based