Bluetooth Low Energy PAN1740 Beacon
A Beacon device will transmit it’s own unique identification number to the local area.
Software on a receiving device such as a smartphone app will receive this data and can perform various functions, e.g. present the user with addtional information on points of interest or special promotions in a shop.
Received beacon transmissions can also be used for ranging or indoor positioning applications in various products. Using the PAN1740 Beacon will allow the customer to easily realise Beacon applications with limited development efforts.
The proven design of the Bluetooth module PAN1740 guarantes quality as well as reliability. Very low power consumption of less than 5mA in Tx mode allow products to run on coin cell batteries for multiple years. The onboard flash memory can be used for customer
applications. The battery holder fits standard CR2032 coin cell batteries. Reference designs for plastic housing as well as software example code is available.
– Based on single-mode BT Smart System-on-Chip PAN1740
– ARM CORTEX M0 with internal 32kB OTP, additional memory
– Small size (26x24mm) with antenna
– Based on FCC/IC/CE certified PAN1740
– Battery holder for CR2032 coin cell
– Reference design for standard housing available
– Approximate battery life 18 months, 700ms advertising intervall
– Software SDK / Application Notes available
– Bluetooth Low Energy Tags
– Indoor Positioning
– Advertising in Retail Environment
– Find me Applications
– Product Information via Bluetooth Smart
– Point of Interest
– Mobile Payment