Littelfuse – 2 New 0.5pF, 12kV TVS Diode Arrays Ensure Ultra-Low Loading Capacitance
Protection for V-By-One, Embedded DisplayPort, USB 2.0/3.0 Ports, HDMI, FPDs, LCD/LED TVs, more
Two series of TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes) from Littelfuse safeguard high-speed interfaces from damage due to electrostatic discharges (ESD). SP7538P Series TVS Diode Arrays integrate eight channels of ultra-low capacitance rail-to-rail diodes and an additional zener diode in a µDFN-9 package; SP0544T Series TVS Diode Arrays have a similar design in a smaller µDFN-10, with four channels of ultra-low capacitance rail-to-rail diodes instead of eight. Both can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard (±8kV contact discharge) without performance degradation. Their extremely low loading capacitance also makes them ideal for protecting high-speed signal pins.
Typical applications for both series include ESD protection for interfaces like V-By-One, Embedded DisplayPort, USB 2.0/3.0 Ports, and HDMI, as well as flat panel displays, LCD/LED TVs, smartphones and mobile computing.
- Low capacitance of 0.5pF (typ) per I/O
- Low dynamic resistance of 0.4Ω
- Promotes high ESD immunity and superior protection: ESD, IEC 61000-4-2, ±12kV contact, ±25kV air discharge; EFT, IEC 61000-4-4, 40A (5/50ns): Lightning, IEC 61000-4-5 2nd edit, 4A (tP=8/20μs)
- Reduces signal degradation and distortion for high-speed applications
- Provides low clamping performance to ensure better protection for sensitive chipsets
- Permits manufacturers to achieve ESD protection beyond the maximum level stated in the IEC standard and protects against a multitude of other threats to ensure product reliability in the field
|click here to SP0544T Series page||click here to SP7538P Series page|