KEMET launches new R53 X2 EMI Film Capacitor
New R53 Series First to Market, Film X2 EMI Suppression Capacitor With Compact Design, High Capacitance, Harsh Environment Capabilities, and Low Halogen Content
The KEMET Film BU is pleased to announce its new EMI Suppression Capacitor Series R53, AEC-Q200, metallized polypropylene, X2 310 V AC / 560 V DC series.
This new R53 series is following the success story of the R52 series as a first to market harsh environmental technology.
R53 is a perfect addition to the whole KEMET High-Reliability family of EMI capacitors under extreme environmental conditions offering capacitance values up to 22 µF.
It meets the most rigorous IEC classification for Humidity Robustness, Class IIIB, under the accelerated Temperature-Humidity-Bias life test of 85°C / 85% R.H., for 1000 h, at 310 V AC and 560 V DC.
R53 physical volume is 60% (on average) smaller than any other X2 solution with the same range of capacitance values in the market. In addition, it is a technology meeting a low halogen content per JS709C.
These features position R53 as an exceptional first-to-market X2 class EMI solution that addresses the size, capacitance, and reliability challenges for design engineers across multiple industries such as automotive, energy, industrial, and consumer applications requiring smaller size high-capacitance X2 class solutions for EMI filtering on AC and DC, and in series with the main solutions as capacitive power supplies and power line communication.
- X2 Class (ENEC, UL, cUL, CQC)
- AEC-Q200 qualified
- High capacitance density (Competition is 120% bigger on average for a 1.5 µF capacitance value in pitch 22.5 mm
- Harsh environment capability tested for both AC and DC applications: THB Grade IIIB classification (85°C / 85% R.H. / 1000 hours @ 310 VAC
- AC and DC EMI filters (parallel with the main)
- Capacitive power supplies and power line communication (in series with the main)
- DC/DC and DC/AC conversion
- Smart utility meters
- Solar micro-inverters