4Ch Short-to-VBUS & ESD Protection for USB Type-C® in 4mm2 Footprint
The DPO2036DBB provides 4-channel overvoltage protection against unexpected short-to-VBUS events—due to, for example, connection misalignment or debris ingress—in USB Type-C Port with Power Delivery (PD) applications.
Specifically designed to protect system-side components connected to the sideband data pins (SBU1&2) and configuration channel pins (CC1&2), inline FETs provide switched isolation when overvoltage is detected.
The DPO2036DBB also provides a high level of ESD protection, removing the need for external transient voltage suppressors.
In portable solutions where the system-side supply battery becomes depleted, the DPO2036DBB switches configuration to take its power from the connected device, thus maintaining active protection
The Diodes Advantage
- 4 Channels of Overvoltage Protection Isolates the system from the high voltage on the connector
- IEC61000-4-2 ESD Protection over CCxC & SBUxC Pins Protects from ESD
- Compact and Low-Profile U-QFN2020 Package Miniature 4mm2 footprint allows for greater space-saving
- Dead Battery Charging and Power Delivery Switched embedded resistors configure power source
- Overtemperature Protection Thermal shutdown when 150°C is exceeded
Typical Application Circuit
- VR/AR Headsets, Gaming
- AC/DC Chargers
- Notebook/Desktop/AIO PCs,
- Tablets, Mobile Phones
- TVs, PC Monitors
- Docking Stations, Hubs
- Set-Top-Boxes, Residential
- Gateways, Storage Devices
- Action Cameras