Thermistors are thermally sensitive resistors and have a negative (NTC) or positive (PTC) resistance/temperature coefficient. Their function is to exhibit a change in electrical resistance with a change in body temperature.
The components are available in formats like chips, discs, beads and probes, following the requirement.
PTCs are chosen when a drastic change in resistance is required at a specific temperature or current level. Fields of applications are:
- PTC Thermistors for Heater
- PTC Thermistors for Circuit Protection
- PTC Thermistors for Overheat Sensing
- PTC Thermistors for Motor Starters
- PTC Thermistors for Degaussing Circuits