ISL28022 Precision Digital Power Monitor
The ISL28022 is a bi-directional high-side and low-side digital current sense and voltage monitor with serial interface. The device monitors current and voltage and provides the results digitally along with calculated power. The ISL28022 provides tight accuracy of less than 0.3% for both voltage and current monitoring over the entire input range. The digital power monitor has configurable fault thresholds and measurable ADC gain ranges.
The ISL28022 handles common-mode input voltage ranging from 0V to 60V. The wide range permits the device to handle telecom, automotive and industrial applications with minimal external circuitry. Both high and low-side ground sensing applications are easily handled with the flexible architecture.
The ISL28022 consumes an average current of just 700µA and is available in the 10 Ld MSOP package. The ISL28022 is also offered in a space saving
16 Ld QFN package. The part operates over the extended temperature range from -40°C to +125°C.
- Bus voltage sense range: 0V to 60V
- 16-bit ∑∆ADC monitors current and voltage
- Voltage measuring error: <0.3%
- Current measuring error: <0.3%
- Handles negative system voltage
- Over/undervoltage and current fault monitoring
- I2C/SMBus interface
- Wide VCC range: 3V to 5.5V
- ESD (HBM): 8kV
- Supports high speed I2C: 3.4MHz
- Routers and servers
- DC/DC, AC/DC converters
- Battery management/charging
- Automotive power
- Power distribution
- Medical and test equipment
Intersil’s family of DPMs also includes the ISL28023 full featured digital power monitor and the ISL28025 digital power monitor in a tiny package.