Infineon – TLS850BOxx – High performance linear voltage regulator
The TLS850B0 is a high-performance, very low dropout linear voltage regulator for 3.3 V and 5.0 V supply in a TO263-5 and TO252-5 package.
The input voltage range of 3.0 V to 40 V and a very low quiescent current of 20 μA make it the perfect match for automotive or other supply systems connected to the battery permanently. The new loop concept combines fast regulation and very high stability while requiring only one small ceramic capacitor of 1 μF at the output. Below an output current of 100 mA the typical dropout voltage of 100 mV is very low. The operating range starts at an input voltage of only 3 V (extended operating range). This makes the TLS850B0 suitable for automotive systems that need to operate during cranking condition.
The device can be switched on and off by the enable feature. Internal protection features like output current limitation and overtemperature shutdown protect the device from immediate damage.
- Output voltage accuracy: ±2 percent
- Dropout voltage: 100 mV
- Current consumption: 20 μA
- Available in TO252 and TO263 package
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C ≤ Tj ≤ 150°C
- Wide input voltage range
- Robust TO252 and TO263 package
- Reduces energy consumption
- Suitable for stand-by operation
- Minimized external BOM
- High speed regulation loop reduces external components to minimum
- High immunity robustness
- High quality, designed for harsh automotive Environment
- General automotive power supply
- Dashboard, instrument cluster
- Body electronics, HVAC panel
- Microcontroller supply in Body Systems
- Power Supply for CAN network
- System Supply for 2-wheeler Dashboard