Infineon TLE4941plusC – Differential Hall-IC for Wheel Speed Sensing
TLE4941plusC, a differential Hall sensor for measuring magnetically the car’s wheel speed, is an offspring of the extremely successful TLE4941 family, based on Infineon’s sensor technologies for front- and backend. Designed as drop-in replacement, the TLE4941plusC is, as its predecessors, a single chip solution combining Hall sensor elements and both analogue and digital signal processing in one single chip. Its differential principle makes it immune to any kind of undesired magnetic fields and disturbances. The Hall element distance has been downsized to 2 mm to be also fit for extremely small encoders. Several product improvements, both electrical and magnetic, have been put in place, such as an accelerated calibration during start-up phase and higher load dump robustness. The formerly optional first-edge-detection, a feature for quick start-up, providing a reliable output signal even before calibration is fully completed, has now become standard.
TLE4941plusC has a standard 2-wire current interface, high ESD robustness and works in the wide temperature range present in the harsh automotive environment. Magnetic and device offsets are canceled by a sophisticated selfcalibration algorithm immediately after start-up.
- Two-wire current interface: minimizes wiring
- Dynamic self-calibration principle: compensates offsets
- Single chip solution: ensures outstanding reliability
- High sensitivity: can be used for large airgap applications
- South and north pole pre-induction possible: works for both encoders and tonewheels
- High resistance to piezo effects: suits sensor overmolding wide operating temperature range
- C type with 1.8 nF overmolded capacitor: enhances EMC & microbreak resistance, without any external components
- Reliable wheel speed sensing in automotive applications
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Automatic transmissions
You can order the TLE4941 in our webshop Rutronik24.