Honeywell – Magnetoresistive Sensor ICs
Honeywell’s Nanopower Series Magnetoresistive (MR) Sensor ICs are ultra-sensitive devices designed to accommodate a wide range of applications with large air gaps, small magnetic fields and low power requirements.
The sensor ICs respond to either a North or South pole applied in a direction parallel to the sensor. They do not require the magnet polarity to be identified, simplifying installation and potentially reducing system cost.
These sensor ICs use a very low average current consumption and a push-pull output which does not require a pull-up resistor. The sensor ICs can operate from a supply voltage as low as 1.65 V, promoting energy efficiency.
The Nanopower Series is available in two magnetic sensitivities to accommodate a variety of application needs:
- SM351LT: For applications requiring ultra high magnetic sensitivity (7 G typical operate, 11 G maximum operate) and a very low current draw (360 nA typical).
- SM353LT: For applications requiring very high magnetic sensitivity (14 G typical operate, 20 G maximum operate) and a very low current draw (310 nA typical).
These Magnetoresistive Sensor ICs, Nanopower Series, are supplied in the subminiature SOT-23 surface mount package on tape and reel (3000 units per reel), for use in automated pick-and-place component installation.
- High sensitivity: 7 Gauss typ., 11 Gauss max. (SM351LT); 14 G typ., 20 Gauss max. (SM353LT)
- Nanopower: Average current of 360 nA typ. (SM351LT) and 310 nA typ. (SM353LT)
- Supply voltage range: 1.65 Vdc to 5.5 Vdc; simplifies design-in
- Omnipolar sensing: Activates with either pole from a magnet
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C [-40 °F to 185 °F]
- Push-pull output: Does not require external pull-up resistor
- Non-chopper stabilized design
- RoHS-compliant materials: Meets Directive 2002/95/EC
- Package: SOT-23
- Mobile equipment (i.e., handheld computing equipment, scanners)
- Water, electric and gas utility meters
- Building access control; reed switch replacement for batteryoperated security systems
- Industrial smoke detectors
- Exercise equipment
- Infusion pumps
- Drawer position sensing (e.g., medical cabinets)
- Hospital beds
- Lid, door and drawer position detection
- Fluid flow
Medium-Sized Consumer Electronics
- Battery-optimization position sensor