ST – STPMIC1 – 14 Output Rails PMIC 4 Adjustable Constant ON Time (COT) Buck SMPS converters BOOST with Bypass, LDO for Memory Power Supply
The STPMIC1 is a fully integrated power management IC designed for products based on high integrated application processor designs requiring low power and high efficiency.
The device integrates advanced low power features controlled by a host processor via I²C and IO interface.
The STPMIC1 regulators are designed to supply power to the application processor as well as to the external system peripherals such as: DDR, Flash memories and other system devices.
The boost converter can power up to 3 USB ports (two 500 mA host USB and one 100 mA USB OTG). Its advanced bypass architecture allows the smooth regulation of VBUS for USB ports from a battery as well as low-cost consumer 5 V AC-DC adapters.
4 buck SMPS are optimized to provide an excellent transient response and an output voltage precision for a wide range of operating conditions, high full range efficiency (η up to 90%) by implementing a low power mode with a smooth transition from PFM to PWM and also an advanced PWM synchronization technique with an integrated PLL for a better noise (EMI performance).
- Input voltage range from 2.8 V to 5.5 V
- 4 adjustable general purpose LDOs
- 1 LDO for DDR3 termination (sink-source), bypass mode for low power DDR or as general purpose LDO
- 1 LDO for USB PHY supply with automatic power source detection
- 1 reference voltage LDO for DDR memory
- 4 adjustable adaptive constant on-time (COT) buck SMPS converters
- 5.2 V / 1.1 A boost SMPS with bypass mode for 5 V input or battery input
- 1 power switch 500 mA USB OTG compliant
- 1 power switch 500 mA/1000 mA general purpose
- User programmable non-volatile memory (NVM), enabling scalability to support a wide range of applications
- I²C and digital IO control interface
- WFQFN 44L (5x6x0.8)
- Power management for embedded micro processor units
- Wearable and IoT
- Portable devices
- Man-machine interfaces
- Smart home
- Power management unit companion chip of the STM32MP1 MPU