PAN1740 – Bluetooth Ultra Low Energy Module
The Module is manufactured in a very small 9.0 x 9.5 mm SMD package with shielded case and chip antenna. The power consumption of only 4.9 mA in Tx and Rx mode makes the use of coin cell batteries possible or reduces the needed battery capacity and cost of existing solution by at least 50%. It is qualified according to Bluetooth 4.1 standard.
FCC, IC and CE approvals are under preparation. The PAN1740 comes with a complete software development platform, which includes a qualified Bluetooth Smart single-mode stack on chip. Multiple Bluetooth Smart profiles for consumer wellness, sport, fitness, security and proximity applications are supplied as standard, while additional customer profiles can be developed and added as needed.
- Single-mode Bluetooth Smart System-on-Chip
- ARM CORTEX M0 CPU
- Small 9.0 x 9.5 x 1.8 mm SMD package with antenna
- Includes 16MHz and 32.768kHz crystal
- Temperature Range from -40°C to +85°C
- Power consumption 4.9mA Rx and Tx
- Link budget 93dBm (Rx Sensitivity -93, Tx 0 dBm)
- Interfaces: GPIO, UART, SPI, I²C, 3-axis QD, ADC
- 42k SRAM
- 32k OTP Memory for Profiles and Apps (delivered blank)
- 84k ROM for LE Host and Boot ROM
- OTP (One Time Programmable)
- Wearable Devices
- Health Care, Medical Diagnostic Systems
- Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Mobile phone accessories
- Industrial Measurement and Diagnosis
- Devices with critical Power Consumption
*** Update September 2015:
Dialog released a new SDKplease contact the Rutronik Wireless Team. Dialog put great effort in ease of use and customers handling for this version. If you start a new product we recommend using this new SDK. Please also note that Dialog will continue to support SDK 3.0.10 for customers who are already developing on this SDK version.
– Dialog Serial Port Service (DSPS): Dialogs proprietary Bluetooth Smart profile for serial communication
– Apps note on over the air update OTA support. The accompanying profle is called SUOTA.
– Beacon project (multi-format to support ibecaon/Altbeacon/Edystone) based on SDK5 New application note available (rev. 1.8). Changes occurred as following: Added chapter Beacon