Nordic Power Profiler Kit 2
The Power Profiler Kit II (PPK2) is an affordable, flexible tool that measures the real-time power consumption of your designs.
The PPK2 measures power consumption by either providing power to the external board or acting as an ampere meter. It measures current from 500 nA to 1 A and gives a detailed picture of the current profile for the user application.
The PPK2 can measure current on any external board (e.g. nRF5 Series or nRF91 Series DKs). The hardware is delivered with an application that is installed using nRF Connect for Desktop. There are several measurement configurations, which are described in this user guide.
- Variable power supply voltage ranging from 0.8 V to 5.0 V (software configurable)
- Maximum 1 A current measurement
- Accurate measurement down to approximately 200 nA
- Resolution down to 0.2 µA
- 100 kS/s sampling speed
- Automatic switching between five current measurement ranges ensuring optimal resolution
- Measurement accuracy better than ±20 % (average currents measurement)
- 8 pin digital port for digital tracing
- USB communication, enabling simple porting to other applications
- Desktop application for measurement analysis
- Real-time current measurement display
- Quick power consumption measurements on a firmware running on any nRF Development Kit (DK)
- Accumulative measurements, such as average, maximum, and charge
- Instantaneous measurements presented as waveform plot