Vishay – SurfLight – Surface Emitting Technology
Vishay’s SurfLight™ surface emitting technology is redefining performance standards for infrared emitters. With SurfLight, nearly all the light and power is emitted out the top of the chip, unlike standard infrared emitters that emit their light in all directions.
With most of the light concentrated on the surface, you get higher intensity – up to five times greater than standard emitter technology – and that means fewer emitters are needed, lowering the total system cost of your application.
Features and Benefits:
- Based on surface emitting technology
- Peak wavelength: lp = 850 nm
- High radiant power
- High radiant intensity
- High speed
- Best-in-class reliability
- High pulse current operation
- 3DTV active glasses synchronization – Machine vision, object detection
- Automotive – Light curtains – Illumination for heads-up display – Smoke detectors
- Infrared illumination for CMOS – Closed circuit television illumination cameras (CCTV)
- Infrared data transmission/communication