Vishay – New CW – High Surge Series of Axial Lead Wirewound Resistors
Vishay Intertechnology Axial Lead Wirewound Resistors Offer Reliable, High-Temperature Surge Voltage Protection.
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.introduces a new series of silicone-coated, axial lead wirewound resistors that combines high voltage surge immunity up to 12 kV with high-temperature operation to +350 °C in a high-reliability design.
- Provides overload and high surge voltage protection in accordance to IEC 61000-4-5 (1.2 μs/50 μs) requirements
- Offers superior short-term surge protection compared to standard wirewound devices
- High-temperature silicone coating allows for operating temperature ranges of -65 °C to +250 °C (characteristic U) and -65 °C to +350 °C (characteristic V)
With high voltage surge immunity up to 12 kV, resistors in the Vishay Dale CW – High Surge series provide superior short-term protection compared to standard wirewound devices. The resistors offer a rugged, completely welded construction for increased reliability, while their high-temperature silicone coating allows for operating temperature ranges of -65 °C to +250 °C (characteristic U) and -65 °C to +350 °C (characteristic V).
- High voltage surge immunity up to 12 kV
- High-temperature operation to +350 °C
- Rugged, completely welded construction for increased
- High power ratings from 1 W to 13 W at 25 °C
- 2000-hour load-life stability of less than ± 3 % at +25 °C
- Resistances from 0.1 Ω to 167 kΩ
- Tolerances of ± 3 %, ± 5 %, and ± 10 %
- ± 90 ppm/°C for resistance below 0.99 Ω
- ± 50 ppm/°C for resistance from 1.0 Ω to 9.9 Ω
- ± 30 ppm/°C for resistance of 10 Ω and above
- Available with both lead (Pb)-free and tin/lead terminations
- Power supplies, metering and welding equipment, power tools, and appliances