STMicroelectronics Dual-line Transil for automotive CAN bus keeps clamping voltage below 35V
The ESDCAN01-2BLY is a dual-line Transil specifically designed for the protection of the automotive CAN bus lines against electrostatic discharge (ESD).
- Dual-line ESD and EOS protection
- Bidirectional device
- Max pulse power: 230 W (8/20 μs)
- Stand-off voltage 24 V
- Low clamping factor VCL / VBR
- Fast response time
- Low leakage current
- Small plastic package
- ECOPACK®2 compliant component
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- ESD and EOS protection for CAN transceiver
- SOT23 package for space saving on high density printed circuit board
- Transil diodes providing high overvoltage protection by clamping action and instantaneous response to transient overvoltage
- Complies with the following standards:
- ISO 10605 – C = 150 pF, R = 330 Ω:30 kV (air discharge) 30 kV (contact discharge)
- ISO 10605 – C = 330 pF, R = 330 Ω:30 kV (air discharge) 30 kV (contact discharge)
- ISO 7637-3:Pulse 3a: Vs= -150 V Pulse 3b: Vs= +100 V
The ESDCAN01-2BLY is the second version of ST’s ESD protection diode designed for circuit protection of automotive controller area network (CAN) bus lines. It provides ESD circuit protection up to 30 kV (ISO 10605) and overvoltage protection against other automotive electrical surges such as ISO 7637-3 pulse 3a/3b.
With a rated stand-off voltage at 24 V, it maintains the maximum clamping voltage below 35 V when subjected to ISO 7637-3 pulse 3a/3b bursts. Housed in the SOT23 package, it features a 230-watt peak pulse power at 120 °C for protection in harsh environments.
In order to meet environmental requirements, ST offers these devices in different grades of
ECOPACK® packages, depending on their level of environmental compliance.