ST – LD56100 – 1A very low dropout fast transient ultra-low noise linear regulator
The LD56100 high accuracy voltage regulator provides 1 A of current from an input voltage ranging from 1.8 V to 5.5 V, with a typical dropout voltage of 120 mV.
It is available in DFN8 (1.2 x 1.6 mm) package, allowing the maximum space saving.
The device is stabilized with a ceramic capacitor on the output. The ultra-low drop voltage, low quiescent current and fast transient response, together with the internal soft-start circuit, make the LD56100 suitable for low power battery-operated applications.
An enable logic control function puts the LD56100 in shutdown mode allowing a total current consumption lower than 0.1 μA. Short-circuit protection with current limit foldback and thermal protection are also included.
- Input voltage from 1.8 to 5.5 V
- Ultra-low dropout voltage (120 mV typ. at 1 A load and VOUT = 3.3 V)
- Very low quiescent current (100 µA typ. at no-load, 0.03 µA typ. in off mode)
- Output voltage tolerance: ± 1% from -40 °C to +85 °C
- Ultra-low Noise: 13 µV RMS Noise from 10 Hz to 100 kHz at VOUT = 3.0 V
- High PSRR (70 dB@1 kHz)
- Wide range of output voltages available on request: from 1.0 V up to 5.0 V in 50 mV step
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown
- Internal soft-start
- Optional output voltage discharge feature
- Compatible with ceramic capacitor COUT = 1 µF
- Internal current limit foldback and thermal protections
- Available in DFN8 (1.2×1.6 mm)
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 125 °C
- Mobile phones
- Battery-powered systems
- Camera supply