RECOM – new RA3 range of DC/DC converters designed for gate drive power
Input voltages available are +5V, +12V, and +24V with +/-10% tolerance, and efficiency is typically better than 80%. Isolation capacitance is less than 10pF for high immunity to the fast, high voltage switching edges seen in high-side drivers, particularly with the wide band-gap technologies of SiC and GaN. Operating temperature range is -40°C to +85°C without derating (80°C for 1V, 8V, and 9V output parts).
The RA3 series is surface-mount with ‘land grid’ style terminations and has dimensions of just 23.4mm x 15mm x 8.5mm, giving 35% reduction in footprint and 60% reduction in volume compared with competitor parts. The surface mount format with wide spacings enables the necessary high isolation to be achieved on a customer’s PCB between the DC/DC output pins and other circuitry, with connection to just the top layer.
- 3W isolated DC/DC converter
- High 5.2kVDC/1min isolation
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Ideal for IGBT/Si/SiC/GaN gate drive power
- IEC/EN/UL CSA 62368-1 certified
- Less than 10pF isolation capacitance
- Compact DIP16 SMD package
- renewable energy
- solar inverters
- induction heating
- EV battery chargers
- motor drives
- harsh environment in general