MRF89XAM8A/MRF89XAM9A – Ultra Low Power Sub-GHz Transceiver Modules – Microchip
The MRF89XAM8A and MRF89XAM9A are ultra-low power sub-GHz surface mount transceiver modules with integrated crystal, internal voltage regulator, matching circuitry and PCB antenna.
The MRF89XAM8A is for operation in the European 863–870 MHz frequency band and is ETSI compliant. The MRF89XAM9A is for operation in the United States/Canada 902–928 MHz ISM frequency band and has FCC and IC approval.
The integrated module design frees the integrator from the extensive RF and antenna design, and regulatory compliance testing, allowing quicker time to market. The MRF89XAM8A and MRF89XAM9A modules are compatible with Microchip’s MiWi™ Development Environment software stacks. The software stacks are available as a free download, including source code, from Microchip’s web site.
The modules connect to hundreds of PIC® microcontrollers via a 4-wire SPI interface and they are an ideal solution for low power wireless sensor networks, home automation, building automation and consumer applications.
Module designed from the MRF89XA integrated ultra low-power, Sub-GHz transceiver IC
- Supports proprietary Sub-GHz wireless protocols
- Simple, SPI Interface with Interrupts
- Small size: 0.7″ x 1.1″ (17.8 mm x 27.9 mm), surface mountable
- Integrated crystal, internal voltage regulator, matching circuitry and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) antenna
- Easy integration into final product: minimize product development, quicker time to market
- Compatible with Microchip’s Microcontroller families (PIC16, PIC18, PIC24, dsPIC33 and PIC32)
- Low power wireless sensor networks
- Home Automation
- Building Automation
- Consumer applications
- ISM1306 MRF89XAM8A-I/RM (module 868 MHz)
- ISM1289 MRF89XAM9A-I/RM (module 915 MHz)
- ISM1321 MRF89XAT-I/MQ (Chip 868/915 MHz)
- ISM1362 DM182015-2 (Development Kit)
- ISM1314 AC164138-1 (PICtail/PICtail Plus Daughter Board)