Melexis – MLX75023 & MLX75123 Real-Time-3D Imaging with Time-of-Flight Sensor
MLX75023 TOF sensor together with MLX75123 companion chip provides a complete Time-of-Flight solution. The MLX75023 TOF sensor supports up to QVGA resolution with unpaired ambient light rejection. The MLX75123 controls the TOF sensor, the illumination unit and streams data to the host processor. The chipset offers performance, flexibility, simplifies the design and allows a very compact 3D camera.
MLX75023 ToF Sensor
- 1/3” optical time-of-flight sensor (4.8 x 3.6 mm²)
- QVGA resolution, 320 x 240 pixels
- 15μm pixel pitch
- Quad channel analog output
- Up to 600 Hz raw correlation frame rate
- Wafer level glass BGA package 6.6 x 5.5 x 0.6 mm
- Demodulation frequency up to 40 MHz
- Integrated optical filter
- Up to 120 klux background light robustness
MLX75123 Companion Chip
- Controller for MLX75023 and illumination
- Programmable modulation frequencies
- Up to 8 raw phases per frame
- Pre-processed difference and sum output modes to reduce data bandwidth
- Continuous or triggered operation modes
- Region of Interest (ROI) selection
- Per-phase statistics & diagnostics
- 12-bit parallel camera interface up to 80 Mpix/s
- Configurable over I²C up to 400 kHz
EVK75123 is available to evaluate MLX75023 and MLX75123 TOF chipset under challenging ambient light conditions.
The flexible design enables any designer to develop the necessary system know-how and experience for use in their application. Its modular concept allows to use the chipset board standalone and combine it with user’s illumination and image processing solution.