KEMET Safety Certified C700 Series – New X1 760 VAC/ Y1 500 VAC Voltage Rating Available
KEMET’S C700 Series Radial Disc Capacitor – New X1 760 VAC/ Y1 500 VAC.
C700 Safety Rated Disc Capacitors are specifically designed for interference suppression AC line filtering applications. Having internationally recognized safety certifications, these capacitors are well-suited for applications that require keeping potentially disruptive or damaging line transients and EMI out of susceptible equipment. They are also an ideal solution when needing to suppress line disturbances at the source.
Safety Certified Capacitors are classified as either X and/or Y capacitors. Class X capacitors are primarily used in line to-line (across-the-line) applications. In this application, there is no danger of electric shock to humans should the capacitor fail but could result in a risk of fire. The class Y capacitor is primarily used in line-to-ground (line by-pass) applications. In this application, failure of the capacitor could lead to the danger of electric shock.
These safety capacitors meet the impulse test criteria outlined in IEC Standard 60384. Meeting subclass X1 and Y1/Y2 requirements and the devices also meet the flame test requirements outlined in UL Standard 94 V-0.
- Safety standard recognized (IEC 60384-14)
- Reliable operation up to 125°C
- 5 mm, 7.5 mm, 10mm and 12.5 mm lead spacing
- Lead(Pb)-free and RoHS Compliant
- Available capacitance tolerances of ±5%, ±10%, and ±20%
- Preformed (crimped) or straight lead configurations
- Non-polar device, minimizing installation concerns
- 100% pure matte tin-plated lead finish, allowing for excellent
- Encapsulation meets flammability standard UL 94 V-0
- Line-to-line (Class X) filtering
- Primary and secondary coupling (switching power supplies)
- Antenna coupling
- Line-to-ground (Class Y) filtering
- Line disturbances suppression (motors and motor controls, relays, switching power supplies and inverters)