Diodes – AL3066 – Four-channel LED Driver with Boost Controller for Medium-sized LCD Panels
The AL3066 is a high efficiency 4-channel boost controller for WLED backlight applications. It operates over a wide input voltage ranged from 4.5V to 33V.
The current of the 4 channels is simply programmed from 20mA to 400mA with an external resistor. The current match between any channel is ±1.5% (typical). Its operating frequency can be adjusted from 0.1MHz to 1MHz.
The AL3066 can support two dimming modes: direct PWM dimming, PWM to analog dimming.
Robust protection features include cycle by cycle current limit, soft-start, UVLO, programmable OVP, OTP, open/short LED protection, Schottky Diode Short and Open Protection, Inductor Short-Circuit Protection and VOUT Short protection.
The IC is available in SO-16 package.
- Regulates 4 LED strings at up to 250mA per string. Simple solution for medium sized LCD panels for TVs
- Supports both PWM and PWM to DC dimming. Uses multiple dimming modes to achieve wide dynamicbrightness control
- 10V Gate Driver for Boost Controller. Supports simple enhancement of popular MOSFETs
- High LED current precision (±3%) and channel matching(±1.5%). Guarantee the consistency of panel brightness both betweenchannels and between ICs
- Extensive Protection functions:(current limit, soft-start, programmable OVP, OTP, open/short LED protection, Schottky Diode Short and Open Protection, Inductor Short-Circuit Protection and VOUT Short protection. Increases system robustness
- LCD Monitor
- LCD Display Module
- LCD TV
Link to the datasheet