JAE – SM3 Series – PCI-SIG Standard M.2 – Sunk-into-the-board Connector
Along with the slimming of notebook PCs, diffusion of tablet PCs, and increasing speed of signals, there is a growing demand for compact slim and high-speed transmission compatible module card connectors. JAE has already developed and released the “SM3 Series” card edge connector to meet this need. The SM3 Series is compatible with the PCI-SIG, PCI Express M.2 specification, supporting multiple modules such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SSD. To comply with further demands for low-profile connectors, JAE has now developed two types of connectors, including the industry’s lowest-in-class height sunk-into-the-board type to enhance the product line-up. The mating height of each mounting type is, on-board type: 2.15mm, sunk-into-the-board type: 1.2mm.
- Compatible with PCI-SIG PCI Express M.2 Specification, and transmission of high-speed signals such as PCIe, Gen 3, USB 3.0, Displayport, SATA, and more are possible.
- 0.5mm pitch (1 row back and front), 67 position, compact card edge connector.
- Product height of sunk-into-the-board type is industry lowest-in-class height 1.2mm and allows for more design freedom for customers.
- On-board mounting type 2.15mm mounting height product is the lowest product in the standard and improves the workability for customers with correspondence to oblique insertion of modules.
- Due to the addition of these two types, SM3 Series will be available in all four types which are three on-board types (height 4.1mm, 3.1mm, 2.15mm), and one sunk-into-theboard type (height: 1.2mm) and will allow choice of product height according to the customers main-body design and installation in slim devices are possible.
- Available in variation of polarizing keys corresponding to different applications.
Notebook PC, tablet PC, portable game device, STB, etc.
- No. of Contacts: 67 positions
- Contact Pitch: 0.5mm
- Operating Temperature: -40 Deg. C to + 80 Deg. C
- Rated Current: 0.5A / pin
- Contact Resistance: 55m ohms max.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: AC300Vr.m.s (for 1 minute)
- Mating Cycles: 60 times