JAE – KW1 Series – European CE certified model – Fast Charger Connector for Electric Vehicles
The Electric Vehicles (hereunder stated as EV) are about to expand the market along with the political deployment of a public charging infrastructure in many countries which is gradually relieving consumer’s worries for the driving distance. Automotive manufacturers are planning to rollout EV proactively to deal with the further tightening of the environmental regulations worldwide. Accordingly, the charging infrastructure is expected to expand even more. JAE has newly developed the “CE Certified Model” for the EV fast charger connector “KW1 Series” to expand business in Europe which is one of the major markets for EV. The “KW1 Series” connector is compatible with the JEVS G 105 (1993) which is used for the CHAdeMO fast charger protocol. This series is being implemented as a global standard and is a highly reliable product with proven results in Japan which is the most advanced country in installing the fast charger. Moreover, this has been already certified by UL Certification to comply with US market and started achieving the results in overseas as well. The “KW1 Series” “CE Certified Model” is not only easy to operate but also durable enough to pass the severe tests such as Vehicle Drive Over. The customers can be assured that this product is safe to use just as the same as existing “KW1Series”.
- Excellent usability: It has easy operation in one action to mate or unmate with EV, fit a connector on EV inlet (charging socket) and push into it, and pull out only pressing a release button for detachment. Also it has a status indication on top of the grip. An “UNLOCK” sign will be shown to prevent incomplete mating.
- Light and easy operation: Main body of the connector is approximately 1kg. Working together with our cable subcontractor, the cable flexibility and light operability have been improved.
- Easy maintenance: A part of the sidewall of the connector is detachable. In case of emergency such as the connector cannot be unmated, opening the cover makes the direct access to the inside the lock mechanism and the quick maintenance possible on-site.
- High reliability and safety: An electrical locking method is adopted to prevent the connector from unlocking during charging. In addition to the mated/unmated indicator, the position of the latch will be detected electrically to prevent unmated (or half-mated) charging.
- Durable and highly weather-resistant: Passed severe durability tests such as drop test and Vehicle Drive Over Test that the product is ran over by a 2 tons vehicle. Stainless steel is used for the metal parts of the main components and high weather resistant resin which has low degradation from ultraviolet rays and moisture is used for the outer mold.
Fast Charger for Electric Vehicles (CHAdeMO Protocol)
- No. of Contacts: 2 pos. for power, 7 pos. for signal
- Rated Current: 125 A for power, 2A for signal
- Rated Voltage: DC500V
- Insulation Resistance: 100M ohms min.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: AC 2,200V for 1 minute
- Durability: more than 10,000 times
- Insertion Force: 100N max.
- Operating Temperature: -30 Deg. C to +50 Deg. C